WHERE THE SIDEWALK ENDS
The Role of Design in Obesity and Diet-Related Disease
We're A Creative Agency Located
In The Heart Of New York City
Coded to Pixel Perfection
Are you ready to show off & make some jaws drop?
WHERE THE SIDEWALK ENDS
Re-imagining the grocery store.
Stitching neighborhoods together.
Exploring design's role in obesity and diet-related disease.
Keep In Touch
GeoWolf brings new possibilities
for staying connected with friends.
John Maternoski is a Designer at Hennebery Eddy Architects and a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, where he earned a Master of Architecture degree with an emphasis in urban design. Enjoying a hands-on approach to the profession, John has worked extensively with Habitat for Humanity, the American Institute of Architects, and the Construction Specifications Institute. He was awarded a GEM award in 2010 and 2012 from the Minneapolis/St. Paul chapter of CSI for his efforts in creating a student chapter of the organization at the University of Minnesota.
He currently serves as Secretary on Portland’s Center for Architecture Board of Directors, and co-chairs the AIA Portland Emerging Professionals Committee. He is a member of the Architecture Foundation of Oregon and Design Museum Portland, and the Chicago Architecture Foundation, and has volunteered with Friends of Trees, Portland Parks and Recreation, and KaBoom!, reflecting his passion for utilizing the built environment as a catalyst to promote health and physical activity.
John’s most recent project has been the creation and management of Portland Design Events, the premier website for finding and sharing architecture and design-related events in the Portland metro area.
- AIA Portland “Stitch” Competition Top 11 Shortlist, 2014 (FOURoverFIVE)
- Wisconsin Architects Foundation Scholarship Recipient, 2013
- Lyle P. Bartholomew Scholarship Recipient, 2013
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter of CSI GEM Award, 2010, 2012
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter of CSI Certificate of Appreciation, 2012
- University of Minnesota College of Design Dean’s List, 2009, 2011
- White Stag Block Selected Works Exhibit: Portland, Oregon, 2014 (Where the Sidewalk Ends)
- University of Oregon Graduate Student Research Forum: Eugene, Oregon, 2014 (Where the Sidewalk Ends)
- AIA Northwest & Pacific Region Conference: Vancouver, BC, 2013 (Inuit Art Learning Centre)
- AIA Southwestern Oregon People’s Choice Awards: Eugene, Oregon, 2013 (Inuit Art Learning Centre)
Photo Credit: Justin Stubleski